Friday, January 9, 2009

Ready for some fresh, green grass!!

Today, I met my hubby for lunch and we had a pretty in depth conversation...which I personally find to be the best, but anyways, basically we were talking about how we are tired of living life on a superficial level. Hallelujah!! I am in no means trying to say that is what we have in our relationship, but what we want to cut out of our lives. We are both individuals who are constantly seeking out meaningful bonds with those around us. Since moving from my hometown a few years ago, I have had to realize that what I know and am comfortable with is not always what is best for me. I am living in a home I love with my two favorite people, however, I do not have the friendships that I need (of course, I have a few close friends, but I am missing the girl bonds that I use to have). There are so many bonds that have been lost due to time, distance, and life which I miss, but know are not as important as I once thought because those things have taken them away. So, we have decided to stop doing things or indulging in friendships that do not make us better or happier. I have always been one to believe that it is better to have a few best friends, than a bunch of acquaintances. TR, fortunately, has the friendships here that most always dream of...his friends which are very close are connected on so many levels and they are men that inspire him to be a better man, husband, father, and person. I feel so blessed for this and because of it feel inspired. My mom has always said that the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side, but rather the greenest where you tend to it. This is our new mantra. We have decided to stop giving of ourselves, when there is no return and to stop allowing ourselves disappointment in those around us who do not have the same objectives. He even made the statement to me about me that though I expect 100% from those that I love...it is because I am one of those people who give 100% to begin with...well I am going to continue doing this for all that is important to me, but I am cutting the fat (so to speak) and not stretching myself to thin. It is so nice to have someone by my side, who constantly seeks out a deep relationship with me and for me. We were talking about how the only thing that is important in this life is to love Adleigh unconditionally. We are going to be the parents who are always there cheering her on and letting her know that no matter what she is our top priority. We know that this can best be demonstrated by loving each other and showing her what true love means. It also means going the extra mile as well as not always agreeing with her, but rather seeking out for more along with her.

I know this is not the most extreme upbeat post, but it is where we are at and what we are striving to obtain. I know there is so much talk about what the year 2009 will bring, but most importantly I am learning that this year will be the year for growth.

On a much lighter note....I am going to be an aunt!! I've never been an aunt, TR has never been an uncle and Adleigh has never been a cousin, so we are pumped for these new roles!! So please keep my sister and brother-in-law in your prayers. They have been through a lot recently and we are ecstatic for our new addition!! They will be amazing parents and are already an amazing aunt and uncle. Adleigh cannot get enough of her uncle Bret & her aunt Karye!!

1 comment:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That sounds like a good resolution of sorts for January. It is so good to choose friends that you really want to invest in, and then take the time to actually invest. So much harder now that we are adults and have limited time, isn't it? Have a great weekend!
Carrie