Saturday, February 21, 2009

One year ago today

one of my "best" childhood friends died. I literally spent my entire adolescence with her or talking to her. I think about her all of the time especially now that I have become a mom. I wish I could share with her all about the crazy things I have learned and how I now get our mom's so much more. I especially think of her dear mom, whom I know misses her so much that her heart is broken (Gayle, I pray daily that you will find peace and be filled with love that will mend your brokenness.) Though the last few years before she died we had drifted apart, I have missed her daily. I had been best friends with her since elementary school. There was a group of us that shared everything together. Of course with that closeness came a ton of fights (which only made us all closer), but nonetheless, we all still have a bond that will allow us to be those type of friends that even if we have not talked in awhile, we could pick up where we left off easily. With that being said, I still talk to Hailey at times. She is apart of me and helped me become the woman, friend, wife, and mother that I am today. Some might find this crazy, I don't. I want to share with her my joy, sorrow and all the end betweens. Some people want to get away from their childhood/teenage years, but since I have moved from my hometown I have learned that the friendships I had then were so precious and nothing will ever be that carefree. Hailey-you gave me courage, laughter, and some of my most prized memories. I'll always cherish the time that you, me, and KB got caught with our butts in the air sneaking out and begging my dad not to tell because we thought we would not be allowed to be friends any longer to just lazy days laying out, I cannot help but miss your spunk and free spirit. I love you forever!!

No comments: