Saturday, November 15, 2008
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting.....
and finally Adleigh said her first word!! Last Thursday night (Nov. 6) while we were packing for Leah's wedding Adleigh started going MaMaMaMa....however, TR would not count that as her first word because he was unsure if she really knew what she was saying. Whatever....my little angel showed her daddy the next night by crying and when Mom walked by she puts out her hands for me and goes, "MaMa." One simple word and I am in walking on cloud nine. Since then she has continued calling out for me and I am simply taken. TR was out of town a few days and she had a severe ear infection, so she really did a number on me because every time I put her down she would say the most beautiful word and I would pick her right up....she has me trained well!! And to be perfectly honest, I have been really wondering what her first word would be and even started preparing myself for her to say "DaDa" but that sweet little pea of ours went against the norm (at least that is what I had been hearing, who knows, family and friends that know me might have been trying to help me out in case she did say DaDa first by saying that DaDa was the most common first word due to ease). I have to admit that secretly I am/have been thinking ha ha TR our little one said MaMa first, but of course I keep my mouth shut and just give him the loaded smile when it occurs!! And if you are reading this and thinking I am an awful wife just rest easy knowing that he would have done the same thing if it would have been him first, but it wasn't and I am such a happy MaMa!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment