Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Learning to Appreciate the Simple Things

Yesterday, we got so much unexpected snow. Thank goodness TR's flights were cancelled and we got to stay in. However, we did lose electricity for a while. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all of our neighbors....we used our window as a big screen TV. I know everything that was happening in our quaint little surroundings and even have to admit to laughing while watching cars/trucks/suvs try to make it up the little hill in front of our house. But who would not crack up watching vehicles spin out and people get out and keep trying over and over again? We finally stopped laughing when we thought about those vehicles sliding down the hill due to our house being the most likely of stopping points!!

Another thing that we learned is that the dogs still can act young. Lucky likes to act all old and grumpy but yesterday we watched her fly through yards running around like a pup! Of course once she got back in the house, she did the slooooow walk up the stairs and made some grunting noises. This event was repeated throughout the day! Noel got into the running around like a crazy dog for a little while but decided that she would rather cling to our legs. I was glad when she went into the garage because she should be snow white and looked more like pee yellow. I am sure the neighbors were talking...just kidding kinda.

There is something so magical about an unexpected snow and all the prettiness of the big, fluffy, white flakes! TR and I were kids again and Adleigh so enjoyed watching us play. She did not however, like to get her hands dirty!! Haha she is a mess!

Adleigh was so tired that she fell asleep right before dinner around 6 (no nap all day) and did not wake up until this morning at 7:30! I love that she loves to sleep...because that allows us to sleep and we like to sleep!

Have a great day!!

No comments: